Are you tired of having a closet full of clothes and yet feeling like you have nothing to wear?
Do you spend a big portion of your morning routine trying on clothes and struggling to figure out what to wear?
Are you sick of spending money on cheap clothes that don’t really fit and get damaged or shrink after a few washes?
I know how it is. I have been there.
How it all started
Early 2018, I had an epiphany. I was tidying, washing and folding away clothes for what felt like the millionth time, when I realized that all I did on weekends was slaving away in the house. Instead of relaxing, meeting up with friends or sitting and reading a book, my husband and I had spent a big chunk of our weekend doing house chores.
I seriously felt that our ‘stuff’ had us working for them instead of the other way around. This was my ‘aha’ moment that turned into a ‘I-don’t-want-to-live-like-this’ that turned into the decision to make a change.
After reading about capsule wardrobes, I knew this could be it : my first step towards a simpler life.
I spent time researching, learning, planning, and a few weeks later I had my first capsule wardrobe.
Since then, I have had 25 to 40 pieces of clothes in my closet.
Two years later, I can still say that my minimalist wardrobe experiment changed my life in many ways.
How a capsule wardrobe can change your life
There are so many reasons why a capsule wardrobe is awesome. Here are the top ones:
- Time-saving: much less time spent on laundry, trying out combinations, tidying, folding, ironing, etc.
- Reduces decision fatigue : frees up mental space for things that truly matter.
- Build a wardrobe of clothes you love
- Create a wardrobe of quality clothes that last longer
- Build a wardrobe of clothes that fit your style and make you feel confident
- Switch to ‘quality over quantity’ mindset
- Be less wasteful : by buying better quality and therefore buying less
- Save money over time
How to build a capsule wardrobe
You need a system.
Planning is critical to achieve success in everything that you do, especially if you are trying to make a (drastic) change in your life.
And let’s face it, going from the standard western (jam-packed) closet to a curated, 30-something pieces wardrobe isn’t an easy affair for most of us.
I spent many weeks planning my first wardrobe. Through trial and error, I came up with a system that worked for me and helped me achieve a small number of pieces that I love, fit my lifestyle, make me feel happy and confident and are of much better quality than the ones I used to wear.
The Capsule Wardrobe Planner
I developed a visual, yet practical, step-by-step approach to build your perfect capsule wardrobe.
With this planner, I take you by the hand to help you develop a wardrobe that suits your needs and simplifies your life.
Through this process, you will:
- Understand the 3 elements that make the ideal wardrobe
- Figure out how to best dress for your body shape
- Understand how your lifestyle affects what’s in your closet
- Determine how many pieces of clothing you want in your wardrobe
- Figure out your personal style and taste
- Put together your capsule vision board
- Set a budget, write a shopping list and define your go-to brands
Are you ready to create your capsule wardrobe?
Grab the planner in my Resource Library. The resource library is open to everyone for free. All you need is the password to get in, which you can get by filling out the form below.